Named GP for All Patients
In accordance with the current government and our NHS contract all patients on our list have been allocated a named accountable GP who will be responsible for your overall care. This will either be Dr Collyer, Dr Ford-Young, Dr Stone or Dr Bennett.
If you wish to know which GP has been allocated to you, please ask reception at your next visit. Please do not telephone the practice for this information, our phone lines are very busy and primarily are for patients with urgent needs. If you have a preference as to which GP you are allocated, the practice will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
You can book appointments with any GP
What does this mean for you?
You are unlikely to see any notable change in the way care is delivered to you by our practice, just a formalisation of our current process. The responsibilities of your named GP will be to:
- Take the lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required by you from the GP practice are provided.
- Where required, use their professional judgement, to work with relevant health and social care professionals to deliver a care package that meets your needs.
- Ensure your physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice.
The role of the named GP will not:
- Take on vicarious responsibility for the work of other doctors or health professionals.
- Take on 24-hour responsibility for the patient, or have to change their working hours.
- Imply personal availability for GPs throughout the working week.
- Be the only GP or clinician who will provide care to that patient.